Wednesday 7 March 2012

KONY 2012

Today I came across this incredible video. Designed by its incredible makers to move its viewers into spreading the word and making a difference. There really isn't anything I can say that the video won't be able to say itself. It surrounds the topics of Uganda, Joseph Kony and his invisible children and following their unthinkable plight against the constant threat of abduction and even death. Joseph Kony has consistently abducted, raped and killed children for the last 30 years, forcing 30,000 to fight in his young army. He forces his young recruits to kill their own parents and mutilate and kill at every turn. When watching this video my resounding thought was "Why didn't I know about this?" and "Why is no one doing anything about this??" Well they are...I'll let the video explain the rest.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment